My favorite place to vacation has always been the beach--especially a beach with warm water, soft sand and sun. I love sitting on the beach and reading a book with no where that I need to go. Listening to the surf and watching the shore birds. Getting a glimpse of fish and the occasional dolphin or manatee swimming by. Late night walks on the beach under the full moon. Taking time to unwind.
You and I are probably different in what we enjoy for vacation. Some may like the beach and some the mountains. Some may like to be with family and some like to get away. Some like an active vacation and some need time to relax.
So, what does your perfect vacation look like and feel like? What can you do to create that for yourself?
- I have a dish of shells on my living room coffee table with a sea bird on it.
- I have a container of beach sand that I can run my fingers though.
- I have decorative items such as a mermaid, seahorse and nautical pillows.
- We renovated our bathroom in beach colors with pebbles on the floor. I made a mosaic made of ceramic shells, pebbles and glass on the shower wall.
- I paint watercolors and find it relaxing to paint shore scenes, light houses and sailboats. I painted the lion fish(below) using watercolors and glitter.
Time for me to get back to the beach!
Lots of Love,